Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Thing 22--Overdrive downloadable audiobooks

Well, this was just way to hard!! Without the help of my very patient and computer savvy husband, I would have given up altogether. As it was it took us about 2 hours to do. FYI-my husband is a NASA physicist, yes he really is a rocket scientist, and it took one to figure Overdrive out! We had to download Overdrive's Media Console and update Windows Media Player, and we still got an error message "the parameter is incorrect". A google search of that error message got us some fairly quick results...apparently this is a common problem. We did finally get the book downloaded and onto the mp3 player. Now that we have all the software and updates downloaded, it's possible my husband will use this again, but maybe not. There are enough books on CD in the Library to keep him happy, I bring them home to him, and I'm not sure it's worth the time it takes. I think downloading these books is too difficult for the average consumer, it needs to be made a lot easier.

No comments: