Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Thing 23--My Last Post

This has been an interesting process. I'm glad I did it, as I think it's good that I be aware of the fact that some of the sites and tools that we explored exist. Will I go back and use them again? A few of them yes, I liked LibraryThing, and I was already a YouTube user. Many of the sites seemed to be very specialized, Rollyo, for example, would be useful to someone doing a lot of research on a very specific topic, but I doubt I'll go back to it. Del.icio.us had some possibilities, as do podcasts, and I do check my Bloglines account once or twice a week. I've even forwarded a couple of news articles to people. However, the problem that I see with all of this is that there is just to much of it! How can we possibly keep up with all of it and still do our jobs, have relationships, or do anything but sit in front of a computer? Of course we can't, and I doubt most people would even consider it. What's out there is potentially overwhelming, we all need to pick and choose what is useful to us and what is not, and try to keep our lives in balance while we do it.

Signing off....Michele

No comments: